Looking Back in Time!
We want to thank you for a very successful 2019 year. This year we put into action many new tools that enabled our members to utilize them. Thank you for your support of the business community throughout 2019 year. We will celebrate 72 years as the Tooele County Chamber and it could not have happened without each of you. Let us share a few accomplishments that the Chamber did in 2019 and some goals we’ll be working on in 2020.
Looking at 2019
- Chamber visited with 148 businesses, this is from the staff of the chamber, board of directors, and Chamber ambassadors.
- Started and filmed 19 shop local campaigns, meet our business videos.
- We organized 34 ribbon cuttings for our business in Tooele County.
- We worked with 13 companies that thought about filming in Tooele County. One was picked to be featured with the Sundance film festival. (Nine Days)
- We have met with our local government entities to foster a better working relationship with the business communities and our elected officials.
- We have sat down with all our elected leaders representing Utah in the United States capital.
- We supported 31 charities in our County, they are doing wonderful things within their scope of work.
- We supported 51 events that occurred in our County.
- We interviewed 7 candidates on behalf of the business community.
- We attended 6 graduations for USU, TTech, Blue Peck and high schools.
- We sit on 3 board and members of 4 clubs in our county.
- We worked with GOED & EDCUtah on new business coming or relocating in Tooele County.
- We regularly meet with Dugway proving grounds and the Tooele Army Depot.
- We have 432 members this year, we retained 97% of our members from the previous year.
- Some of our main events have been Installation Banquet, Golf Tournament, Taste of our County, Business Expo, 4th of July Breakfast, Santa Parade, Summer BBQ and many more.
- Our platinum sponsors Tooele County, Energy Solutions
Looking forward to 2020
- Promote member businesses in various ways
- Live social media videos as requested by members
- Updated, searchable membership information posted on Chamber Master
- More recognition of local businesses in our newsletter & social media
- Increased support of local tourism through promotion of local business & local branding
- Providing networking opportunities within the Tooele business community
- Adding a quarterly networking event to our other events
- Encourage member-to-member referrals and interaction via Chamber Master
- Improving our events
- Hosting Luncheons with valuable, current topics as defined by our member survey data
- Making events more profitable through increased sponsorship requests and the use of chairpersons who are responsible for adhering to event budgets
- Increased advocacy with and Chamber involvement in local government
- Chamber leadership to attend city council and county commissioner meetings on a rotating basis and report back to the board and membership.
- Work with government officials to enhance the local business climate and improve infrastructure
- Be a resource for information and business training
- Share the Chamber’s activities with members on a quarterly basis
- Assist businesses in finding resources for growth
- Facilitate Chamber members contacting one another for help and networking, including through Chamber Master
- Seek out qualified trainers and presenters for Chamber-sponsored trainings/luncheons
We surveyed our membership in November 2019. Our response rate was underwhelming. As a result, we determined that a strong effort should be made to communicate to our membership exactly what the Chamber is doing for them. Our assumption is that if they are aware of what we are doing on their behalf, they will be more likely to invest their energy and interest in Chamber happenings and provide us with valuable feedback.
We will hold the administration, board and ambassadors more accountable. We will track our processes and be transparent in reporting our results to membership, the board and ambassadors, and county commissioners on a quarterly basis.
We invite you to be more active with your Chamber and bring greater success in our community in 2020!!